I guess you’re here because you want to know more about me, huh?
WHO I AM
My name is Desiree’ Slaughter. I’m a multitalented creative professional and #creativepreneur, currently living in Houston, TX with my dog Bandit while I work on figuring out this thing called life.
My personal mission is to foster innovation in new aspects of design through ambition, creativity, and passion by expanding and cultivating my skill-set as a multi-skilled creative and sharing my experiences with the world. I wake up every day with the drive to make a positive impact on the world and inspire others.
I’m a 90’s kid from Detroit, MI who loves to cook, eat, learn new things, create, and experience life in new ways. I’m ambitious, driven, social and a complete ball of energy. I even sing all the time (even though I know I can’t).
From the time I was young, I have always had a wide range of interests, that typically revolve around cooking and eating great food, nerding out on whatever I was passionate about, and creating to my hearts desire.
I shamelessly love Apple products and I spend hours online for everything from work to browsing. I’ve put so many days (not hours, DAYS) worth of time into learning as much as I could about whatever sparked my interests, that I finally decided to start putting some of those hours into this crazy idea I had to start a freelance branding business and blog.
MORE ABOUT ME
- Secret Identity: The confident, sassy, boss babe persona of Gabrielle Union as Mary Jane Paul in Being Mary Jane.
- Superpower: I have been told that I am a child whisperer.
- Unhealthy Obsession: Butter, sugar, and salt…sometimes together.
- Unexpected Factoid: I wanted to be an FBI agent when I first started college.
- Cocktail of Choice: Sex on the Beach.
- Personal Quote: “Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.” – John W. Gardner
- First Design Memory: Being so excited to get an audition with the Dean of the school for the Visual Arts program at the Detroit School of Arts…and boo-hoo crying my way through the audition.
- Off-hours Fun/Creativity: Writing in my BUJO, anything involving food, browsing on my computer, playing The Sims, and hanging out with my dog Bandit.
- When Inspiration Strikes: I get my best ideas at the weirdest times because my creative brain is on 24/7, but when inspiration strikes I get lost in a rabbit hole and can’t break myself away.
- Favorite Mistake: When I was younger, I caught the winning ball in my softball game by accident. I was playing right field and my glove was just sitting open on my shoulder…I was talking so I never noticed it coming my way.
- Random Hobbies: Admiring Con-goers, anything involving technology, and satisfying my notebook and pen obsessions.
I AM A SOCIAL PERSON
As you may, or may not, know, I’m a bit of a social media junkie. Being a millennial and growing up with social media, it has become an integral part of my everyday life. Sites like Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram are where I tend to spend most of my time online. With the ever-changing nature of social media, not being a part of it is becoming more and more challenging, and now everybody is hopping on the bandwagon.
Follow my daily thoughts, news, and commentary on Twitter, or see the world through my eyes on Instagram. Get inspired by my pins on Pinterest, and you can always check out my LinkedIn to learn more about my career journey.
You can find me on most sites as @desimslaughter, where I share tips and resources that you will find helpful, quotes to encourage you, new blog posts, and more! If you believe in the same values or have the same interests, let’s connect! I would love to hear from you.